/* Google Code ---------------------------------------------- */ /* End Google Code ---------------------------------------------- */

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Military Neck and Reiki Masters

I am becoming more and more granola in my old age. Aside from attending yoga 4x and schmoozing with the farmers at this weekends market, I had an experience with a Reiki Master.

Let's back up. For the better part of a year I've had headaches/shooting pains behind my left eye. Numerous visits to various doctors (reason 4 why I'm a grandma) left me without answers. Then, one day at the gym I was approached by a Chiropractor for a diagnostic session including x-rays and a 30 minute massage. For a one time price of $19.95 I signed on the dotted line.

Session resulted in two things -
1. I have military neck which could be causing the eye-issue. According to photos on right, my neck has no curve.
2. I received a normal massage from a woman who happened to be a Reiki master. If, like me, you are not familiar with Reiki, I will do my best to explain.  Reiki, of Japanese Origin, means "Universal Life Energy." The healing is based on the human chakras and median energy lines that have hand positions that correspond to the seven major chakras found throughout the body. The healer will use light touch, tapping, and looking to translate the universal energy through them as a healer into the recipient to correct imbalances. The treatment is said to release the body's natural healing process which may range from tingling and warmness to mental and emotional revelations.



namaste

2 comments:

  1. Military neck is an insidious health problem that can be causing numerous body signals that you might not attribute to this postural deviation from the ideal. Check out the article/link below.


    http://www.fosteringwellness.net/doctor/chiropractor/10386S/chiropractor-%5Bsite-city%5D/military_neck.htm

    Dr. Charles L. Foster
    Chiropractor
    Rutland and Brandon, VT

    www.fosteringwellness.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. My programmer is trying to persuade me to move to .net from PHP.
    I have allways disliked the idea because of thee expenses.
    But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using WordPress
    on various websites for about a year and am nervous about switching to anotyer platform.
    I have heard great things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can transfer
    all my wordpress posts into it? Any kind of help would
    be really appreciated!

    my site: satellite internet vs cable modem ()

    ReplyDelete